Friday, April 20, 2007

No absolutes


Have you ever noticed the way you think in absolutes? You are either ALL this or ALL that? You are either rich, or you are poor. You are either doing great, or your doing terrible? I don't know about you, but it is awfully funny how sometimes this is the way I see things. Do you think it is the way some of us were raised? Maybe. Look at our religions. Most of them say either you are good bad. Look at heaven and hell! What could be more polar opposite??? It's like, hey, you're either going to the most wonderful, greatest place you could possibly be forever, OR you're going to the worst possible place forever!! I was shocked when I finally came to realize the absurdity of this entire concept! I mean, it's absolutely ridiculous how it applies to just about everything! The truth is that there are so, so many in betweens to everythings, and gray areas. It's very interesting how change is always constant, yet the stubborn conscious mind resists change.

3 comments:

Lizard boy said...

Hey Chris, thanks for leaving the comment, nice blog.

Bel said...

What means 'no absolutes'? If it doesn't exist (absolute), is everthing ok if I kill or if I betray someone? If bad doesn't exist, what's the problem? Is really everthing ok in the world? Just questions...

Sorry my bad english, and thanks for you comment in my blog.

Unknown said...

When I say "no absolutes", I think my definition is different. Yes, according to our views, there are definitely good things and bad things (yin and yang), but there is everything in between. When I say absolute, I mean saying something is either good or bad, when in actuality there are definite in-betweens.